There are some key differences between home boarding and Kennels and we think its is important to weigh up the pros and cons of each before making a decision that suits your situation and your pets needs.
We might be a little biased in our opinion but we have put together some of the best things about home boarding in the list below.
Which do you prefer, tell us in the comments at the bottom of the page
1. Home Boarding carries a significantly reduced risk of catching virus/infection such as kennel cough compared to kennelling
2. Stress – Dogs in kennels can become very stressed or anxious with the strange environment, smells and sounds. Home Boarding is much more like home and your dog can have their own bed / bowls / toys etc to help them feel at home
3. Behaviour –Some dogs cope well with minimal exercise and stimulation whilst in kennels but the majority can become very hyperactive and destructive when cooped up for the majority of the day and in turn can come home with some bad habits / behaviours. Home boarding ensures your dog maintains their regular exercise routine and stimulation games and affection.
4. Convenience – Home Boarding offers flexible check in times and drop off days so you can pick and choose what suits you around your holiday!
5. Daily Updates – Kennels rarely provide daily updates and photos for you to see how your dog is getting on. Home boarders can send you email updates or call to put your mind at rest when you are away.
6. Individual Requirements – If your dog has a special diet, medication or a training routine that needs upkeep – Home Boarding can provide the specific care your dog needs upon your instruction with total flexibility.
7. Comfort – Your dog has the warmth, luxury and comfort of a home like they are used to
8. No Cages – Your dog gets free run of the house and garden without being confined for long periods. We only crate dogs overnight at the owners request – such as pups in training.
9. Love & Affection – Does your dog thrive on cuddles and attention? Well when they home board we shower them with as much love as they can handle to make sure they go home happy and content, plus we love it!
10. No strangers – We can meet you before your dog comes to stay and get to know you and your dog including tester nights to allow them to adjust before a long stay. If your dog walks with us regularly then they are already in a home from home with us!